My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Burger King II

Could it happen twice?

Worthy of a double post day, you bet it did.

I was stepping up to the counter to place my value meal order when the person behind the register decided it was a good time for a break, apparently completely aware that it was the lunch rush. After announcing the intended action to the manager stuffing fries into various size paper cartons, the employee prepared to head out a side door for fresh air and a stretch. The manager stopped mid-fry and retorted that the employee would find herself out of a job and that her little trek outside could be continued all the way to her home, never to return.

I'm thinking, "This is quite interesting..."

But what's stranger still is, out of thin air, somehow conjured by mysterious forces, a new employee appeared instantly at the register and said, "May I take your order," never missing a beat and acting as if nothing had occurred. I wanted to say, "I don't know... Are you gonna be around long enough for me to finish my order?"

I knew the fast food market had a major turn over in employees, but I never thought it was so instantaneous.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home