My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Monday, May 16, 2005

Burger King 3.3

Cisco strikes again...

So, I'm getting ready to place an order with a coupon again. I know, those dreaded coupons can make for some painful shopping. Sometimes I think it's easier just to pay full price. Anyway, my coupon is for a buy one get one sandwich deal. My friend, ordering before me, had a coupon for buying a value meal and getting a sandwich free. I'd blame my result on him if I didn't know that, once again, it was me and it was Cisco involved. So, Cisco asks me something about my value meal, I can't quite remember. All I know is that I realize instantly that he wants to give me the same coupon as the preceding one. I also realize that I desperately want him to get it right instead of just getting my food. Maybe it's because I'm on my third time or maybe it's a lifetime of ordeals, but I was definitely in the mood to go a few rounds with The Great Cisco. And yes, I do realize I was going to be getting more for my money than actually using the coupon I had, but once again, sometimes it's a matter of principle.

So, I proceed to tell Cisco that he's misinterpreted my coupon, or as we say in the real world, he couldn't read... Much to my surprise, it actually takes three rounds before I finally point to the coupon and say, "Look. The coupon is only for a sandwich and another sandwich. You can give me a cup for water and that's all I want." Never really looking at the coupon, he says, "Oh, so you want just the two sandwiches and a water?" I wanted to say more, but all I could say was a simple exasperated yes and thank you.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home