My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Floors So Clean You Could Eat Off Them...

I'm with some friends in a 54th Street restaurant near my home. For those of you who don't have a 54th Street, you really don't know what you're missing. Anyway, we've all ordered our food and we're patiently waiting for its arrival. The conversation and the laughs are flowing and then a waiter brings out a tray which, to two of us, is easily recognizable as our orders, until the food is less than recognizable lying on the floor after being dropped by the waiter.

My friend and I look at each other and we're probably both thinking the same thing, we'll get an apology and they'll inform us that we're to be disappointed in having to wait a little longer while they reprepare the food.

No sirree... What actually occurs is that the waiter cleans up his mess pretty quickly and heads back to the kitchen with all of the food, including the dishes that were never dropped and spoiled. A manager comes out a few moments later and explains that he's sorry for the wait but some of our orders got burned and had to be recooked.

Once again, looks are exchanged and my friend says to me something like, yeah, I saw them get burned when they fell off the tray...you know, since they were moving so fast...

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home