My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I Need More Hands...

I could start almost anywhere on this topic, but I thought I'd start with my biggest annoyance, distracted drivers. Drivers are becoming increasingly distracted by many things, whether it be food, drink, paperwork, friends they are talking with (gesturing wildly), sight seeing, maps, makeup, shaving, cigarettes, or the newest, cell phones.

My story involves a woman that was attempting a multitude of the above at the same time. I saw her car meandering a bit and I thought I should go around before I find myself in an accident. Sure enough, when I went by I saw her talking on a cell phone with the phone and a cigarette in the left hand and she was flipping through some paperwork that was sitting in the passenger seat. I believe she was having a complete business meeting while driving and it must have been stressful enough to require the cigarette.

Well, I got by safely and as I've cleared her wake I see in my mirror that she's drifting toward the cement barrier protecting the oncoming traffic from her arrival. She apparently sees the barrier as she draws near and over corrects her steering. I really thought I was going to witness a huge one car accident. Fortunately, I guess, she didn't crash, yet... Sometimes, and I know it sounds harsh, but sometimes I think these people should wreak so that it will stop them from this foolish behavior.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home