My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

For The Birds...

When I was quite young, I was a ring bearer in a wedding. I don't really remember going to any weddings prior to this so I would say this is my first independent wedding experience.

Maybe this one just stuck with me longer because I was in the wedding and because of what happened at the reception. I went through the reception line all by myself, you see. I was so proud and I could help myself. At the end of the reception table was a container that had nicely bundled up cups of nuts. I thought to myself, "I like nuts." Later I find out I am the nut because I tip my head back to empty the dixie cup's contents into my mouth and discover these nuts don't taste that great.

Now, this is in a time when we didn't do all the fancy things we do now when the bride and groom leave the reception. Now we do bubbles, sparklers, dove releases, butterflies, flower petals, and anything else we can throw. Then, well, I'm sure you're ahead of me by now... One of my family members discovers what I've just done and informs me that I just emptied a cup of bird seed into my mouth and, without yet swallowing the seeds, I rush off to the restroom to empty my mouth of the contents. But, you can never quite get that taste out of your mouth...

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home