My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Jumbo Shrimp & Ice Cream: Not A Good Combo...

Once again, I've come with a story about my childhood involving food.

I used to really love jumbo shrimp, not the cocktail shrimp, mind you, but the good kind, deep fried. Is there any other way? Everything's better when it's been deep fat fried.

Anyway, I was treated to a dinner of my choice by my parents for one of my birthdays and selected a place with shrimp. Well, I cleaned out the restaurant of all the shrimp they had and I was completely stuffed. Until... I heard the words dessert and ice cream. Everyone knows ice cream is my weakness. I was stuffed, but I couldn't resist.

So, I'm still finishing my ice cream cone when we all get into the car to go home and, just as we're leaving, I utter the now famous slurred phrase, "I don't feel so good..." Instantly I begin to fill the back seat with a technicolor of chocolate ice cream and shrimp. Oh, I know, many of you have also regurgitated meals, but rarely with such irony.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home