My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Monday, June 27, 2005

More Poor Animals...

Consider yourself warned again...

I was reminded that I had forgotten a couple good stories involving animals and I wanted to relay them while they were fresh.

The first story involved a trip my family was taking to Iowa at night. We’re driving along in our famous orange suburban, pulling a self contained recreational trailer. Some of us are dozing as it’s getting late, others of us are just visiting and listening to music when suddenly we hear and feel simultaneously a loud thump. The suburban even rocked a little which is increasingly strange when you realize that when my dad pulled over to check out the situation he found a huge dent in the side of the vehicle and a dog along the side of the road. I’m guessing this is the ultimate instance of a dog chasing down a car and, this time, actually catching it.

Finally, I’m driving in Wisconsin at night, looking for a turn which turned out to be pretty well hidden as the sign for it could only be read by coming the other direction. Anyway, I’m driving kinda slow to make sure I don’t miss the turn and in my headlights I see all these objects hopping on the road. It took us a bit to realize that there were hundreds and hundreds of little frogs on the road. Then, it became a little disconcerting, if not funny, to hear numerous frogs beating their bodies against the underside of the car. It sounded like someone playing a drum off beat.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home