My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Poor Animals...

Anyone that knows anything about being a good driver knows that it's safer to run over a mattress in the middle of the road than to slam on the breaks or swerve, risking creating an accident. The same is true for animals that dart out into the road. I know, I know, they're so innocent and cute. Tell me that after you've put your car into a tree to save the life of a bunny. I'm pretty sure you'll be the first to blame the bunny, you know, the innocent guilty bunny.

So, I'm driving... You knew it was coming. Please close your eyes while reading if you think you'll be offended...

The long and short of the story is that I hit this squirrel that couldn't make up his mind which way he wanted to run. I tried straddling the poor animal, but he was stupid enough to run under the tire to hide from my large vehicle. What was odd enough about this incident to post it was, when I looked in the rear view mirror to see if the squirrel had survived, I see that his head was stuck to the road but his body was still trying to run, twisting and turning, trying to break free from the road.

My only other animal story of note is when I was driving to Iowa and a bird decided to fly into the bottom of the grill of the car. It happened so fast, there was nothing that could be done. My sister, who was also in the car, was in shock and upset. I was never sure whether she was upset over the death of the bird, the surprise of the event, or the fact that it might have damaged the car. It was her car we were in...

Ok, you can open your eyes now.

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home