My Photo
Name:
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Stupidity In Bulk...

I realize different parts of the country have different stores and we have a wholesale style store here in Missouri that is a spin off of the Wal-Mart franchise. It's called Sam's Club, after the originator's name. One of the first things to know about a store like this is that everything is in bulk lots.

Well, I'm leaving Sam's after doing a little necessity shopping and I realize that there is an accident near the exit intersection. I almost get myself caught in the line of traffic waiting for the police to shop up, direct traffic, and clear the way. But, I'm quick on my feet, or in this case you'd say quick on the accelerator. I make a right turn to go behind a closed down restaurant because I know there's another exit. Not only is there another exit, but I'm planning on taking a right turn out of said exit so I'm completely avoiding the accident. Brilliant right!?

You don't know how right you are... Everyone else sees my plan unfolding and decides I'm brilliant as well. They all begin to follow and even turn around out of the line they were sitting in. This would be flattering if the people weren't so stupid. See, the road is not completely blocking traffic so there is still traffic coming from my right and left (left being where the accident is at the cusp of the exit). So I pull up to make my right turn and another car decides to make a left turn lane which doesn't exist legally on this side street. Then they pull out quickly into traffic without really looking because they were in a hurry to be a part of their own accident. They must have been assuming nobody could come from our left because of the accident, but they were wrong. They pulled right out in front of an oncoming car that had to slam on its brakes. No accident yet... The stupid driver waved at the oncoming car in thanks and apology and almost hit another car coming from the right. For only being one lane, some of these drivers have managed to make three lanes and almost create three to four accidents all in the same location. I guess it was a Sam's mentality. Everything in bulk. At least the police would have only had to be at one location to mop up. But who'd get the stories straight with that kind of free for all?

No Really,
AWChris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home